Pre-Owned 2021 Gibson Custom Shop Murphy Lab '58 Les Paul Standard WW Spec Murphy Painted Tom's Tea Burst with OHSC
Truetone Music has been selected to take in a special collection of instruments from a very special long-time customer and friend of ours. A collector of only unique, rare, vintage and high-end guitars & amps, he amassed a serious collection of these years. For the first time, these pieces are available on the market for the first time.
One of the nicest guitars to arrive is this: a Gibson Custom Shop Murphy Lab '58 Les Paul Standard, done by the legendary Tom Murphy himself. Built in 2021 in Gibson's Custom Shop in Nashville, this is a prime example of the quality that one can expect. From the general craftsmanship to the finest detail, everything is as perfect as it gets for a Les Paul. Each is a handcrafted masterpiece with the character, feel and vibe of an original. This one in particular is extremely resonant and sings even when unplugged.
- Model: 1958 Les Paul Standard
- Color: Tom's Tea Burst, Hand-Painted By Tom Murphy
- Top : 2-Piece Hand-Picked Maple; Hot Hide Glue
- Body: 1-Piece Lightweight Mahogany
- Neck: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Chunky C Profile
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Width at Nut: 1.687"
- Neck Depth at 1st Fret: .920"
- Neck Depth at 12th Fret: 1.010
- Neck Joint: Long Tenon with Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood attached with Hot Hide Glue
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets 22 Historic Narrow-Tall
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Binding: 1-Ply Royalite
- Pickups: Upgraded Doyle's Coils
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone and 3-way Toggleswitch
- Hardware: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1 with Aluminum-Plated Brass Saddles
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar
- Tuners: Kluson Single-Ring Single-Line
- Pickguard: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Case
Serial #: 811465