Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1964 Stratocaster Relic Aged Olympic White Electric Guitar
Original price $ 3,900.00 - Original price $ 3,900.00
$ 3,900.00 - $ 3,900.00
Current price $ 3,900.00
The early to mid 1960's was an iconic time for Fender, as well as a ground-breaking period in music history. By 1964, the world had changed and a new era was dawning. It was that year that this Stratocaster harkens back to.
The Fender Custom Shop has been crafting the finest instruments for 30 years now, and become known for their "Time Machine" series. This Limited Edition 1964 Strat Relic is one of the finest examples of the work coming out of Corona, California.
With the well-worn look of the Relic finish, this guitars has the appearance of one that was played night after night - and the Heavy Relic treatment on the back of the neck makes it feel that way too. Other features include hand-wound Fat 60's pickups and a AAA flame maple neck (both normally a significant upcharge, but not on this one). It has a 60's Oval "C" neck shape, 9.5” radius and 6105 frets, making it easy to play and bend up high without fretting out. It also sports a super dark rosewood fretboard, which contrasts nicely with the body.
Speaking of the body, we went with lightweight alder, which makes it comfortable to play all night. The classic Aged Olympic White nitro lacquer finish and vintage hardware gives you the vintage vibe with modern playability. A best of both worlds situation.
This is one of the best playing Strats we've received from Fender, and needs to be experienced. Come to Club Fender at Truetone Music to play it today, or make it yours right here.
- Serial # CZ551690
- Part # 9230903805
- Weight: 7.6 lbs
- Finish Package: Relic
- Finish: Nitro Lacquer
- Color: Aged Olympic White
- Pickguard: 3-ply Parchment
- Neck Pickup: Handwound Fat 60's
- Middle Pickup: Handwound Fat 60's RWRP
- Bridge Pickup: Handwound Fat 60's
- Body: Alder - sort for lightweight
- Neck: AAA Flame Maple - Medium Tint
- Note: Heavy Relic back of neck; no finish from 1st to 12th fret
- Fretboard: AAA Rosewood Round Lam - sort for dark
- Neck Shape: 60's Oval "C"
- Frets: 21
- Fretwire: 6105
- Radius: 9.5"
- Neck Nut Width: 1.650"
- Neck Thickness at 1st Fret: .790"
- Neck Thickness at 12th Fret: .930"
- Neck Butt Width: 2.200"
- Bone Nut
- Tuners: Vintage
- String Guide: Vintage
- Bridge: Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Neck Plate: Vintage
- Back Plate: 3-ply Parchment
- Switch: 5 Way
- Case, Strap and Certificate of Authenticity