Gretsch G6131MY-CS Custom Shop Malcom Young "Salute"Jet Natural Relic w/Case
ONLY ONE AVAILABLE OF 40 MADE WORLDWIDE!!
THE MALCOLM YOUNG "SALUTE" JET PUTS HIS THUNDEROUS POWER IN YOUR HANDS.
G6131MY-CS CUSTOM SHOP MALCOLM YOUNG “SALUTE” JET™
Malcolm Young, we salute you. At long last, Gretsch honors the guitarist whose rock-solid rhythm guitar swagger and songwriting provided the unshakeable foundation for Australia’s most beloved musical export, AC/DC, for more than 40 years. The G6131MY-CS Custom Shop Malcolm Young “Salute” Jet™ pays faithful homage to Young’s famously battle-hardened instrument, which began life in 1963 as a red Gretsch Jet Firebird handed down to him by Harry Vanda and elder brother George Young (of Easybeats fame) and nicknamed “The Beast.” Malcolm certainly made the instrument his own, not least by removing two of the three pickups, stripping away the finish, and pounding out some of the hardest rocking rhythm guitar ever heard in either hemisphere.
The G6131MY-CS Custom Shop Malcolm Young “Salute” Jet is a meticulously crafted Gretsch Custom Shop recreation accurate down to every last nick, scratch and dent acquired over Young’s long and raucously illustrious career.
- Double-cutaway chambered mahogany body with a stripped, maple top with “thin-skin” lacquer finish
- Detailed heavy Relic aging
- Mahogany set neck with “U” profile and 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with bone nut
- 23 medium jumbo frets (including zero fret) and pearloid Neo-Classic™ “thumbnail” inlays
- A single TV Jones® TV Classic bridge pickup
- Space Control™ bridge with ebony base
- ’60s-style Jet tailpiece
- Worn nickel/gold hardware
- Schaller® tuners
- Vintage-style hardshell case