Radial Engineering Tonebone Headbone TS Tube Solid State Head Switcher
- Toggle between two heads using one speaker cabinet
- Control the Headbone with a footswitch remote
- Safe switching for both solid state and tube heads
- Choose from three Headbones to adapt to any setup
The Radial Headbone is a specially designed switching device that lets you toggle between two different guitar amplifier heads using a single speaker cabinet. With the Headbone in your rig, you can use your Marshall head for rhythm and your Mesa-Boogie head for soloing. This is of particular interest for players that demand the utmost in tonal performance when on stage or in the studio.
Features include 100% discrete class-A circuitry for exceptional audio performance, transformer isolated guitar signal path to eliminate ground loops, plus a choice of either buffered or un-buffered inputs to optimize the signal path. The Headbone's internal switching comprises a series of relays, opto-couplers and load resistors, all of which are sequenced via a digitally programmed chip. Hit the footswitch and the Headbone jumps to action as it toggles the guitar signal from one amp to the other, disconnects the speaker and diverts the signal to a load resister, reconnects the speaker to the second head and turns the guitar back on - all in quick succession. The Headbone features SafeMode™ whereby in the event that power is disconnected - the Headbone's guitar input will automatically turn off. To eliminate a mess of cables on stage, the Headbone is equipped with Slingshot – a remote control port that lets you switch the Headbone using any standard footswitch or MIDI controlled contact closure. This eliminates long speaker cables while improving system efficiency.
The Headbone is available in 3 models: The Headbone VT for two valve/tube heads, the Headbone SS for two solid-state heads and the Headbone TS for tube to solid-state amp head switching.
The Headbone – a Radial 'power tool' for serious guitarists.
Controls & Connectivity
- Supply: Power input for a 15VDC power supply (PSU not included)
- To Speaker Cabinet: 1/4'' jack output that goes to the speaker cabinet
- From AMP-1 Output: 1/4'' jack socket that connects to the output of the first amplifier
- From AMP-2 Output: 1/4'' jack socket that connects to the output of the second amplifier
- Remote Input: 1/4'' jack socket for a footswitch for Slingshot™ remote switching
- Ground Lift: Switch lifts ground between the connected amp heads
- To AMP-1: 1/4'' jack that connects to the input of the first amplifier
- To AMP-2: 1/4'' jack that connects to the input of the second amplifier
- Amp/Head 1 & 2: LEDs that provide a visual indication of your currently selected amplifier
- Direct & Buffered Input: 1/4'' jacks that allow a wide range of active and passive input signals
- Footswitch: Heavy-duty high-cycle switch for toggling between amplifiers