Reuss FZ-01 Vintage Three Volt Fuzz Guitar Effect Pedal
The Reuss FZ-01 Vintage Three Volt Fuzz is based on the world's first guitar pedal, the 1962 Maestro FZ-1 Fuzz-Tone. It's built with 2N270 germanium transistors and runs on 3V like the original old pedal.
It's a quirky sounding fuzz. Very grainy and lo-fi, with a healthy dose of that 'dying battery' quality. The nasal voice is due to the very limited bandwith of the 2N270 transistors. It has some unique sonic qualities, not found in more popular vintage fuzz circuits, like the tonebenders and fuzzfaces etc.
Reuss FZ-01 features and specifications:
- Original 1962 FZ-1 circuit (which is a quite unusual and weird sounding one)
- Gloss brown finish with 'cream' silk screen printing
- New old stock Motorola 2N270 and AC125/Tungsram GC301 germanium transistors (rare and expensive parts)*
- Carbon film resistors
- 100% handmade in the European Union (Denmark & Bulgaria)
- High quality Neutrik jacks, wired by hand
- 'Pro' upgrade footswitch (good for at least 15000 stomps)
- True bypass-switching
- Orange LED pilot light (resembling a vintage control lamp)