Alvarez Cádiz CC7HCE Concert Classic Acoustic Electric With Cutaway - Natural
CÁDIZ offers responsive and engaging nylon string guitars of a quality and playability we think you’ll adore. Everything about them is considered and chosen. They are a new shape, different to Classicals we have made in the past, slightly taller, slightly narrower, more elegant.
In order to make the guitars as responsive as we could, we had to keep them as light as possible in construction while staying true to traditional design. So in the standard models there are no trussrods. Our necks are three-piece and a solid Ebony centre rod gives us the strength and lightness we need.
CÁDIZ models are also made with a Spanish heel neck joint. Ramirez and other great luthiers also influenced us when it came to choosing our scale length. The CÁDIZ scale length is longer than the standard 650mm (25.6”) you will find on many classical guitars. At 662mm (26.06”) our scale length raises the tension just a little and helps deliver more energy into the soundbox for us to harness and shape. We use AA Sitka tops on all CÁDIZ models. Saddle and nut are real bone, rosettes are wood mosaic and bridges and fingerboards are Pau Ferro or Rosewood.
The soundbox is more lightly built, the tops are graduated and each brace is custom cut and sanded with 4 varying widths in total. The bracing design gives a slight nod to Jose Ramirez III’s asymmetric architecture in the fact that our guitars have a treble bar. This is to stiffen up the treble side of the top a little more which helps us create very round, bell like trebles on our first three strings. We keep the bass side of the top light by using slightly thinner braces which helps us give the player very open, clear and strong bass response.
Other fine appointments include the use of traditional Cypress wood for the Flamenco model back and sides, which is paired with ebony binding. We believe CÁDIZ will engage any player, whether a seasoned professional classical player or someone looking for different tones from an engaging nylon string guitar. We hope they will create an intimacy between you and the instrument and as always we have done all we could to make beautifully designed instruments, as affordable as we could.
- Top Wood: Solid AA Sitka Spruce
- Body Finish: Natural/Gloss
- Back and Sides Wood: Black Walnut
- Shape: Classical
- Neck: Mahogany - Ebony - Mahogany
- Bridge: Bi-Level Indian Laurel/Rosewood
- Inlays: Wood Mosaic Rosette and MOP Headstock Inlay
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel/Rosewood w/12th Fret Inlay
- Nut and Saddle: Real Bone
- Tuner: Chrome with Ebony Style Buttons
- Binding: Acacia
- Strings: D’Addario Pro Arte EXP46
- Bracing Systems: Asymmetric Fan w/Treble Bar
- Neck Joint: Spanish Heel
- Neck Meets Body: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets: 22
- Pickup / EQ: LR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up
- Overall Length (mm): 1030
- Body Width (mm): 373
- Body Depth at Heel (mm): 88
- Body Depth at Base (mm): 98
- Scale (mm): 660
- Scale (inches): 25 63/64
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Width (mm): 48
- Nut Width (inches): 1 7/8