Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird V4 Repeat Percussion Tremolo Pedal
The EarthQuaker Devices Hummingbird is a choppy, sawtooth tremolo modeled on the vintage repeat percussion unit and similar to those found in old Valco and Vox amplifiers. It is capable of producing everything from classic '50s style shimmering tremolo to a synthy, delay-like chop that turns your signal into a burst of short pings and on through to near ring modulation speeds.
Simply choosing between modes 1 (slow), 2 (mid-tempo) or 3 (fast) and adjusting the rate and depth controls will unlock a whole new world of amplitude modulation at your feet. The Rate is also expression pedal accessible to allow instant changes on the fly. Using an expression pedal opens up the possibility of true random amplitude modulation.
In addition to the modulation, the Hummingbird has plenty of clean gain on-tap allowing you to either boost or cut the signal using the level control. If the Depth is turned to zero, the Hummingbird will become a JFET clean boost. The Hummingbird is all analog, true bypass and handmade one at a time on a gilded cloud in Akron, Ohio.
- Depth: Controls amount of modulation from barely there to full signal chop at full bore.
- Rate: Controls the speed of the LFO. Clockwise for faster, counterclockwise for slower.
- Level: Controls the signal input level which ultimately controls the output level. Clockwise for more, counterclockwise for less.
- Mode: Three-way toggle switch which selects the range of the oscillator. Mode 1 is slow, mode 2 is mid-tempo and mode 3 is fast.
- Expression Jack: Use an expression pedal to adjust the rate with your foot! When an expression pedal is in use the Rate control is defeated.
- Power: 9-volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel
- Dimensions: 4.75′′ x 2.50′′ x. 2.25′′
- Made in the U.S.A.