EVH MIJ Series EVH Signature Wolfgang Ebony Fingerboard Ivory With Case
Exclusively from their team of talented craftsmen in Japan, EVH® brings you the MIJ EVH Signature Wolfgang® model, which comes loaded with Eddie Van Halen’s preferred touring specs and the behemoth and versatile sound expected from an instrument bearing his name.
The basswood body features a big leaf maple top and five-ply binding, while the bolt-on quartersawn maple neck is sculpted to Eddie’s precise specs, with graphite reinforcement for the ultimate protection against climate-induced warping, hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish for smooth, fast playability and a heel-mount truss rod spoke wheel for quicker neck adjustments when needed.
Designed to enhance playing comfort from chords to leads to bends, the 12"-16" compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 vintage stainless-steel frets.
Experience monstrous, perfectly-balanced tone with dynamic pick attack via a custom-wound alnico 2 EVH® Wolfgang® humbucker in the bridge and an alnico 3 custom-wound EVH Wolfgang humbucker in the neck, both controlled by a special reverse oriented three-way toggle switch. The bridge pickup delivers the perfect amount of punch and articulation with sweet sustain and thick chunky rhythms, while the neck pickup serves up quintessential creamy neck tones and endless sustain along with articulate cleans when the volume is rolled down.
A custom-designed EVH BI Tech HPU low friction volume knob creates even-volume tapering for the smoothest volume swells, while the EVH Bourns® high friction tone knob will stay in place even if accidentally bumped. A lower bout kill switch mutes the guitar for those popular stutter, rhythmic effects.
Equipped with a “dive-bomb” certified EVH-branded top-mount Floyd Rose® bridge, the locking tailpiece features fine tuners for each string and a patented EVH D-Tuna® for switching back and forth from drop-D to standard tuning in an instant.
The all-new MIJ Series EVH Signature Wolfgang® is offered in Ivory or Stealth Black finishes, each with cream body binding, black knurled control knobs, chrome eye hook strap buttons and black headstocks. The Ivory finish features pearloid block inlays and chrome nut, retainer bar and tuners, while the Stealth finish features pearloid dot inlays, chrome nut, black retainer bar and black tuners.
An EVH Wolfgang hardshell case, EVH leather strap and dog leash strap/eye-bolt brass clasps are included.
- 25.5” scale length
- Basswood body with arched big leaf maple top
- Graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck
- Neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s specifications with a hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish
- 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard with 22 vintage stainless-steel frets; the Ivory model features pearloid block inlays while the Stealth finish features pearloid dot inlays
- Convenient heel-mount truss rod adjustment spoke wheel
- Direct mount custom-wound EVH® Wolfgang® Alnico 2 bridge and Alnico 3 neck humbucking pickups
- EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking trem and R2 locking nut
- EVH D-Tuna®
- Three-way toggle pickup switch, kill switch, EVH volume control (with EVH BI Tech HPU Low Friction Pot and Treble Bleed Circuit) and tone control (250K EVH Bourns® High Friction Pot)
- Available in Ivory or Stealth with cream body binding, black knurled control knobs, eye hook strap buttons and black headstocks; The Ivory finish features chrome nut, retainer bar and tuners, while the Stealth finish features a chrome nut, black retainer bar and black tuners.
- EVH Wolfgang hardshell case, EVH leather strap and dog leash strap/eye-bolt brass clasps included