Fender Custom Shop 1952 Heavy Relic Telecaster Black Over Candy Apple Red
One of the most sensational Teles we've ever tried, the first sight of it was truly jaw-dropping, with it's unique Black over Candy Apple Red finish and a great relic job and feel. And what a neck! Twang craze for the most demanding players! It features a series of very interesting design concepts like the 9.5'' fretboard (for all of those 7.25'' retractors) and the Seymour Duncan Antiquity humbucker, that offers exceptional results and teams up perfectly with the bridge's Nocaster Singlecoil.
Super comfortable to play, with medium jumbo frets and a very soft relic'ed neck feel, all a Tele should ever be, with a lot of twang present all the time (even when the neck p'up is selected). The volume and tone pots respond nicely and offer easy to set-up tone possibilities. The lightweight ash body (around 7lbs 8oz) is extremely resonant, and the sustain is huge. The relic'd finish is super thin nitro, with a beautifully aged look and plenty of checking and Custom Shop wear.
IModel: '52 Telecaster Relic
- Color: Black over Candy Apple Red
- Finish: Relic, Heavy
- Body: 2 Piece Lightweight Ash
- Weight: 7 lbs 8 oz
- Neck: Maple, NoCaster “C” shape
- Fretboard: Maple
- Radius: 9.5"
- Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Scale length: 25.5"(648mm)
- Width at nut: 1.650"(42mm)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine Heads: Fender/Gotoh Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Bridge: Vintage NoCaster Bridge with Gatton style saddles and "ash tray" bridge cover
- Pickguard: Black
- Pickups: 1 x Seymour Duncan Antiquity Humbucker( Neck), 1x Fender '51 NoCaster Single-Coil pickup (Bridge). Modern Wiring Circuit
- Switching: 3-way selector
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Thin Lacquer
Includes Hard Case