Fender Custom Shop 1955 Telecaster Journeyman Relic Faded Aged Copper
Limited Edition 1955 Tele Faded Aged Copper
The 1955 Telecaster, also known as the “white guard” Tele® is an all-time classic with features including a single-ply white pickguard, smooth barrel steel bridge saddles, staggered bridge pickup pole pieces and a chunky neck profile. In this faithful recreation, the Fender Custom Shop has captured the tone, playability, look and feel of this archetypal model in a super cool custom colors — Faded Aged Copper.
The two-piece select ash body wears a heavy checked nitrocellulose lacquer finish, and the tinted one-piece rift-sawn maple neck features a chunky ’54 “U” profile, topped by a 9.5”-radius fingerboard with 21 narrow tall frets. Even though this guitar is a Journeyman Relic, we chose to have the neck given the Heavy Relic treatment, for a fully broken in feel. This is our personal favorite combination on Custom Shop guitars.
The Handwound 55/56 pickups give it the vintage Tele tone that is beloved by Tele players everywhere. The bridge pickup provides punchy mids and hot highs for that classic Tele twang, with staggered pole pieces to even out the inter-string response. The neck neck pickup provides a warm and creamy tone.
This Tele also features the "Fat ‘50s Tele" wiring setup. This is achieved by connecting the tone pot to the output of the volume pot (middle lug) instead of the input. Many late fifties guitars of all brands were wired this way, but it can be done with any guitar. This will have two major effects on the tone:
First, the overall tone gets stronger with more transparent bloom. Second, the typical treble loss that occurs when rolling back the volume is much less, and both the volume and tone controls react more smoothly and more evenly, without the typical hot spots. As a side effect, it’s easier to clean up an overdriven amp by simply rolling back the volume on the guitar a bit. Many of the Fender Master Builders prefer this hook up.
Other features include a single-ply parchment pickguard, ’55 Tele bridge with smooth barrel steel saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and disk string tree. Also includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
If you're looking for a classic mid-50's style Tele that has fat neck to grab and classic Tele twang, this is a great consideration. And if you want that in a rare color that is sure to stand out while still being refined, this is the one for you. Come to Club Fender to experience it today, or make it yours right here.
- Weight: 7.4 lbs
- Serial # CZ556169
- Model # 9235001432
- Series: Time Machine Limited Edition
- Color: Faded Aged Copper
- Finish Package: Journeyman Relic
- Body: 2-Piece Select Ash, Sort for Light Weight
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Text Notes: Heavy Checking
- Neck Material: Rift Sawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Tint: Medium
- Neck Shape: 1954 "U"
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall (6105)
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Depth at 1st Fret: .940"
- Depth at 12th Fret: .970"
- Position Inlays: Micarta Black
- Decal: Vintage Silver Fender Tele
- Neck Text Notes: Heavy Relic Back of Neck, Heavy Fret Ghosting
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound 55/56 Tele
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound 55/56 Tele
- Wiring: Dual Stack HS Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Bigsby B5
- Hardware Finish: Chrome / Nickel
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
- Pickguard: Single Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity