Fender Custom Shop 1962 Telecaster Custom Closet Classic Oxblood
Original price $ 4,200.00 - Original price $ 4,200.00
$ 4,200.00 - $ 4,200.00
Current price $ 4,200.00
The Rusty Tele
Of all of the Custom Shop Tele's that have come through here, there is one that has special status here at Truetone: '62 Tele Custom in Oxblood.
Originally designed by a long-time employee on the sales staff, Rusty Squeezebox, this guitar evolved into a Custom Shop build for stock. Over the years, as Rusty would play his guitar on stage around L.A., others would see and inquire about it. A tweaked version was custom ordered, and it has since become a regular part of the rotation in our Custom Shop offering.
- Serial # R121510
- Weight: 7.2 lbs
- Part # 9231007428
- Finish Package: Closet Classic
- Finish: Nitro Lacquer
- Color: Oxblood
- Pickguard: 3-ply Parchment
- Body: 2 Piece Select Alder, Sort for Lightweight
- Binding: Cream (double bound)
- Neck: Maple
- Finish: Lacquer
- Note: Finish sanded off of back of neck
- Tint: Light
- Fretboard: Rosewood (sort for Dark)
- Dots: Micarta White
- Neck Shape: Mid 60's Oval C
- Frets: 21
- Fretwire: 6105
- Radius: 9.5"
- Neck Nut Width: 1.650"
- Neck Thickness at 1st Fret: .790"
- Neck Thickness at 12th Fret: .930"
- Neck Butt Width: 2.200"
- Bone Nut
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop 63 Tele
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop 63 Tele
- Wiring: Modern
- Hardware: Chrome/Nickel
- Tuners: Vintage
- Bridge: 63 Tele with Gatton saddles
- Neck plate: Vintage
- Case: Brown Custom Shop