Fender Custom Shop Artisan Cocobolo Thinline Telecaster NOS Shellac Amber
Original price $ 4,700.00 - Original price $ 4,700.00
$ 4,700.00 - $ 4,700.00
Current price $ 4,700.00
Artisan Cocobolo Thinline Telecaster
For the Artisan series, the Fender Custom Shop pushes the envelope in the name of art and still remains true to its roots. Artisan series instruments are custom-built masterpieces, outfitted with special appointments and features unlike any other Custom Shop instruments. Yet with vintage design touches, the foundation and spirit is authentically Fender. Exotic woods are the main attraction, but every high-end feature is fashioned and finished with painstaking attention to detail. No doubt, every Artisan series instrument is a beauty to behold—a culmination of sonic perfection, passion and purity of design, with classic Fender at the core.
Visually and sonically captivating, the Artisan Cocobolo Thinline Telecaster strikes a chord with the senses—boasting a mix of exotic and roasted woods, vintage-style hardware and Fender Custom Shop master craftsmanship. Simply put, this is one of the best looking Telecasters we've had here, and we've had a ton. A highly figured Cocobolo top meets a Fiji Mahogany body with Herringbone binding for a distinctive look and exceptional resonance. The neck is also unbelievable - it's a Roasted 3A Birdseye Maple, with an African Blackwood fretboard. Be sure to check out the photos closely to see how nice the Birdseye Maple is on this one.
It's not just about looks - it's about playability and sound too - and the Fender Custom Shop never disappoints there. The neck shape is super comfortable, with a '63 C carve, a 9.5" radius and 6105 frets. Hand-wound Loaded Nocaster pickups provide vintage inspired tone with extra burn, thanks to the bridge pickup's alnico 3 magnets and the neck pickup's alnico 5 magnets. Extra winds of the # 43 gauge enamel wire give them a fat, juicy tone, perfect for driving a preamp into gritty overdrive, but also well-suited for super smooth, crystal clear clean tones. We went with customized Fat ’50s Tele® wiring, which creates stronger tone with a transparent bloom and minimizes treble loss that typically occurs when rolling back volume. We also chose the ’58-’63 Tele bridge with compensated RSD saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and a full shielded (silver foil) single-ply tortoise shell pickguard.
The wood is the star of the show here - be sure to look closely at the photos showcasing the beauty of the woods chosen. It's truly stunning. The guitar comes with a Custom Shop hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity. Come to Club Fender @ Truetone Music to test this guitar out today, or order right here to be shipped to your home.
- Serial # R116093
- Part # 9235000850
- Weight: 6.7 lbs
- Color: Shellac Amber
- Finish Package: NOS
- Body: Select Fiji Mahogany with Cocobolo Top
- Body Binding: Herringbone
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer with WLS Undercoat
- Body Style: Semi-Hollow Body
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Roasted AAA Birdseye Maple
- Neck Shape: 63 "C"
- Neck Thickness: .810"
- Neck Thickness 12th Fret: .970"
- Fingerboard Material: African Blackwood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall (6105)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Headstock Thickness: 0.575"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Butt Width: 2.200"
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Position Inlays: Vintage Clay
- Side Dots: Vintage Clay
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Loaded '51 Nocaster®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Loaded '51 Nocaster®
- Wiring: Fat 50's Tele
- Bridge: 58-'63 Tele® Bridge with Brass RSD Saddles
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- String Trees: Vintage-Style Wing
- Tuning Machines: Vintage
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity