Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1951 Telecaster HS Heavy Relic Faded Aged Nocaster Blonde With Case
Ever since the Telecaster started making it's way around the world in the early 1950's, players have been modifying it in various ways. The "modular" functionality of Fender guitars was part of Leo Fender's original vision - and players took full advantage of that. Quite often, when someone wanted a bit more push out of their Tele, they would swap the single coil neck pickup for a humbucker. In fact, this is one of the most famous mods, done by some of the most famous players. In the 1970's, Fender recognized this and started offering the Tele Custom with a humbucker in the neck position. This led to a long line of Tele's that have come out since. But, for many players, what they want is the original early 50's style, modded in this manner. This Custom Shop '51 Tele represents that.
The nitrocellulose lacquer Heavy Relic finish on the two-piece ash body imparts the broken-in look and feel of a guitar that saw the early days of rock 'n' roll and everything since. The color is a period correct Nocaster Blonde, and with the single ply Black pickguard, you've got the most classic of all classic guitars.
The darkly tinted Quartersawn AA flame maple neck is stable and stunning. For this one, we went with a slight different neck shape than what you normally find on an early 50's Tele. Instead of the baseball bat style "U" shape, we chose the 57 Soft "V" neck carve. This is an extremely comfortable neck for many players. We also modernized it a bit by going with a 9.5” radius and 21 narrow tall frets for comfortable playing.
To get that old school classic Tele twang, there's a Handwound Crushed Blackguard Tele pickup in the bridge position. For the neck position, we choose the Seymour Duncan SH-55 Seth Lover humbucker with a nickel cover and black pickup ring. Customized dual-stack HS Tele wiring creates the perfect sonic balance between the two, with three-way switching and 250k (bridge) and 500k (neck) volume and tone potentiometers, a component that helps them “play nicely” with each other.
Other features include a Nocaster bridge with Danny Gatton brass saddles (making it easier to intonate), vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut, and disk string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
Come to Club Fender to experience it today, or make it yours right here.
- Weight: 7.2 lbs
- Serial # R112246
- Model # 9235001033
- Series: Time Machine Limited Edition
- Color: Faded Aged Nocaster Blonde
- Body: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish: Heavy Relic® Lacquer
- Neck Material: AA Flame Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Tint: Dark
- Neck Shape: 57 Style Soft "V"
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall (6105)
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Depth at 1st Fret: .880"
- Depth at 12th Fret: .980"
- Position Inlays: Micarta Black
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Crushed Blackguard Tele® Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Seymour Duncan SH-55 Seth Lover 4C Humbucker
- Wiring: Dual Stack HS Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Nocaster with Brass Gatton Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
- Pickguard: Single Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity