Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1959 Telecaster Journeyman Relic Aged White Blonde With Case
Original price $ 4,300.00 - Original price $ 4,300.00
$ 4,300.00 - $ 4,300.00
Current price $ 4,300.00
Limited Edition 1959 Tele Aged White Blonde
1959 is not just known as magical year in the guitar world, it's also known as a transition year for Fender specifically. This is when both the Stratocaster and Telecaster underwent serious changes, most significantly being when maple transitioned to rosewood for the fretboard. Guitars made in this specific year are seen with both. This Limited Edition Time Machine '59 Tele represents an all-time classic with features including a slimmer, fast playing neck, an ash body underneath a transparent finish, single-ply white pickguard, and some of the best Tele pickups ever made. In this faithful recreation, the Fender Custom Shop has captured the tone, playability, look and feel of a Tele from 1959, in the ultra cool look of Aged White Blonde.
The two-piece select ash body sports a flash coat lacquer finish that lets the wood breathe with more sustain, while wearing in a distinctly personal way. This thin transparent color really lets the wood grain show nicely. It's also lightweight, with the guitar coming in at just 7.1 lbs. The tinted one-piece rift-sawn maple neck features a very comfortable 60's C profile, topped by a 9.5”-radius slab rosewood fretboard with 21 narrow tall frets. Even though this guitar is a Journeyman Relic, we chose to have the neck given the Heavy Relic treatment, for a fully broken in feel. This is our personal favorite combination on Custom Shop guitars.
The Handwound 58 pickups give it the vintage Tele tone that is beloved by Tele players everywhere. The vintage stagger, enamel wiring and Alnico 5 magnets provide a pure vintage tone. This can give you all of the Tele twang you could ask for, but with the ability to sound smooth & serene, making it a versatile set. This guitar also features the "Fat ‘50s Tele" wiring setup. This is achieved by connecting the tone pot to the output of the volume pot (middle lug) instead of the input. Many late fifties guitars of all brands were wired this way, but it can be done with any guitar. This will have two major effects on the tone:
First, the overall tone gets stronger with more transparent bloom. Second, the typical treble loss that occurs when rolling back the volume is much less, and both the volume and tone controls react more smoothly and more evenly, without the typical hot spots. As a side effect, it’s easier to clean up an overdriven amp by simply rolling back the volume on the guitar a bit. Many of the Fender Master Builders prefer this hook up.
Other features include a single-ply parchment pickguard, ’58 - 63 Tele bridge with steel saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and winged string tree. Also includes a period deluxe brown hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
If you're looking for a classic late-50's style Tele that has a super comfortable neck and classic Tele twang, this is a great choice. And if you want that in a rare color that is sure to stand out while still being refined, this is the one for you. Come to Club Fender to experience it today, or make it yours right here.
- Weight: 7.1 lbs
- Serial # CZ558271
- Model # 9231013286
- Series: Time Machine Limited Edition
- Color: Aged White Blonde
- Finish Package: Journeyman Relic
- Body: 2-Piece Select Ash, Sort for Light Weight
- Body Finish: Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Material: Rift Sawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Tint: Medium
- Neck Shape: 60's Oval C
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall (6105)
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Depth at 1st Fret: .810"
- Depth at 12th Fret: .950"
- Position Inlays: Micarta White
- Decal: Vintage 52 - 60 Tele
- Neck Text Notes: Heavy Relic Back of Neck
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound 58 Tele
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound 58 Tele
- Wiring: Dual Stack HS Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Vintage 58 -63 Tele
- Hardware Finish: Chrome / Nickel
- Tuning Machines: Vintage
- Pickguard: Single Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity