Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition P Bass Special Journeyman Relic Aged Sherwood Green Metallic With Case
Over the years, we've worked with the Fender Custom Shop to design a lot of basses. Some of straight up vintage recreations, some are modernized marvels, some a mix of both. All of them end up being amazing. As are the ones that the Custom Shop dreams up themselves, which is the case here.
Combining the best elements of the Precision Bass® and the Jazz Bass®, the Limited Edition Precision Bass Special is a bass player’s dream come true. The two-piece hand-selected Precision bass body is routed for both Precision and Jazz bass pickups and wears a Journeyman Relic® lacquer finish. The quartersawn maple Jazz Bass neck features a comfortable ’60 Jazz Bass “U” profile, 7.25”-radius rosewood fretboard, pearl block inlays and 20 medium jumbo (6150) frets.
A hand-wound ’75 Jazz Bass bridge pickup and hand-wound ’65-’70 Precision Bass neck pickup provide a perfect combination of thump and articulation, with individual master volume controls and one master tone control. We absolutely love this combination. It gives you the best of both worlds - everything you'd want from both a Precision and a Jazz.
Additional features include a four-ply brown shell pickguard, RSD deluxe bass bridge, oval “lollipop” tuning machines, bone nut and disc string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
This isn't meant to be a vintage spec piece - it's mean to be a modern working musician's main horse. Come to Club Fender at Truetone Music to experience this bass, or order right here right now.
- Series: Limited Edition
- Color: Aged Sherwood Green Metallic
- Serial # CZ561870
- Weight: 9.50 lbs
- Part # 9235001527
- NECK MATERIAL: Quartersawn Maple
- NECK FINISH: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- NECK SHAPE: 1960 Jazz Bass® "U"
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Flat-Laminated Rosewood
- POSITION INLAYS: Pearloid Block
- SIDE DOTS: Black
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 20
- STRING NUT: Bone
- NUT WIDTH: 1.500" (38.1 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- FRET SIZE: Medium Jumbo (6150)
- SCALE LENGTH: 34" (86.36 cm)
- BODY: 2-Piece Select Alder
- BODY FINISH: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- BODY SHAPE: Precision Bass®
- BODY MATERIAL: 2-Piece Select Alder
- BRIDGE: RSD Designed HiMass™
- PICKGUARD: 4-Ply Brown Shell
- CONTROL KNOBS: Knurled Chrome
- HARDWARE FINISH: Nickel/Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES: Vintage-Style "Lollipop"
- STRINGS: Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)
- BRIDGE PICKUP: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '75 Jazz Bass®
- NECK PICKUP: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '65-'70 Precision Bass®
- CONTROLS: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap and Certificate of Authenticity.