Fender Custom Shop Postmodern Stratocaster Journeyman Relic Faded Aged Blue Ice Metallic
Original price $ 4,300.00 - Original price $ 4,300.00
$ 4,300.00 - $ 4,300.00
Current price $ 4,300.00
The benchmark of craftsmanship, the Fender Custom Shop is the apex of what Fender has to offer. Each instrument is hand-crafted from only the finest, premium-grade components. The Custom Shop, known also as “The Dream Factory,” produces extremely limited runs of period-correct touchstones from the Fender catalog, as well as special one-offs featuring experimental, ground-up design and appointments. Only the best of the best goes into what leaves the Custom Shop. Fender’s finest expression of quality and art, supreme in all ways.
With this ethos, the Custom Shop developed a new line of guitars, called the Postmodern Series. Upon release, they were an immediate hit. Each year, the specs changed slightly. We've found that the 2019 version was the best, and have continued to order instruments with those specs. That's where this amazing Strat originates. Combining timeless Fender style with player-friendly features, the Postmodern Strat is a gig-ready instrument with thoughtful design touches that could only come from the Fender Custom Shop.
The two-piece select alder body wears a thin lacquer "flashcoat" finish that lets the wood breathe with more resonance while wearing in a distinctively personal way. Strong and stable, tinted riftsawn maple neck sports a comfortable '60s Syle Oval "C"-shaped profile that works well for almost any playing style, while the modern 12”-radius rosewood fingerboard and 22 medium-jumbo frets offer a familiar experience.
Designed for hum-free, vintage-informed tone, the trio of hand-wound single-coil pickups includes a hot Texas Special bridge pickup, RWRP Fat ‘50s in the middle position to reduce hum and a ’69 in the neck position. It's all tied it together with Fat ‘50s wiring, and then to ensure it’s as RFI- and EMI-resistant as possible, the shop shielded the pickups and control routes.
The Journeyman Relic treatment gives this guitar the look and feel of an often-played original, personalized with a “decked” tremolo and extra tremolo springs for increased stability. Other features include a contoured neck heel, 4-Ply 11-Hole Brown Shell pickguard, Custom Shop vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge, vintage-style staggered tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
Come to Club Fender at Truetone Music to try it out, or grab it right here right now to get it brought to your front door!
- Model Name: 2019 Postmodern Stratocaster® Journeyman Relic®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Faded Aged Blue Ice Metallic
- Model #: 9235000886
- Serial # XN13634
- Weight: 7.4 lbs
- Series: Postmodern
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Faded Aged Blue Ice Metallic
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Journeyman Relic® Flash Coat Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Rift Sawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Tinted Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s Oval "C"
- Depth @ 1st Fret: .790"
- Depth @ 12th Fret: .930"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special™ Single-Coil Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat '50s RWRP Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '69 Single-Coil Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Staggered
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Vintage White Relic®
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity