Fender Custom Shop Postmodern Stratocaster Journeyman Relic Wide-Fade Chocolate 2-Tone Sunburst
2021 Postmodern Stratocaster
A distinctively modern take on the legendary classic returns to the main stage. The Postmodern Strat delivers an integral player-oriented configuration while capturing the essence of original design and brilliance. A two-piece select ash body wears a Journeyman Relic finish that gives the guitar a well-loved look and feel, while Closet Classic hardware provides extra gleam. The Wide-Fade Chocolate 2-Tone Sunburst finish is absolutely gorgeous.
The rift-sawn maple neck has a ’54 Strat-style “soft V” profile and features a round-lam rift-sawn maple fingerboard with a 9.5”-12” compound radius and 21 narrow tall frets for classic feel, improved comfort and easy note bends in the upper register. We chose to have a Heavy Relic treatment on the back of the neck, to ensure the full "broken in" feel. In many ways this is like a recreation of the original 1954 Strat, but modernized with new pickups, wiring and contoured heel for easy access while play up high.
One of the main features of this guitar is the pickup set. Like their predecessors, Dual-Mag II Strat pickups feature well-balanced tone, shimmering clear highs and balanced rich lows; comprising alnico 5 magnets from low E through G with a “low G” magnet (which provides a nice transition from wound to plain strings). The alnico 5 beneath the G makes that string “sing” just right. B&E magnets are the same as Dual-Mag 1 (beveled alnico 2—slightly taller than vintage). Dual-Mag II also has extra turns of wire, so they’re hotter overall and are calibrated from bridge to neck. It has a a reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup (for hum cancellation), five-way switch and Strat ½ Blender with Greasebucket II wiring, which features a .05uF capacitor for a late ’60s-style tonal sweep and less gain loss when attenuated.
Other features include a three-ply parchment pickguard, Custom Shop Vintage synchronized tremolo, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut, and wing string tree with tall metal spacer. Also includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
Come to Club Fender to check out this amazing Strat, or order here right now for it to be sent straight to your home.
- Serial # XN11819
- Part # 9231012918
- Finish Package: Journeyman Relic
- Finish: Nitro Lacquer
- Color: Wide-Fade Chocolate 2-Tone Sunburst
- Pickguard: Parchment
- Body: 2 Piece Select Ash - Sort for Lightweight
- Notes: 57 Style Deep Body Contours, Contoured Neck Hell, Pickup and Control Routes Shielded
- Neck: Rift Sawn Maple
- Tint: Medium
- Notes: Heavy Relic Back of Neck, Fret Ghosting
- Fretboard: Round Lam Maple
- Dots: Micarta Black
- Neck Shape: 54 Strat Soft V
- Frets: 21
- Fretwire: 6105 Narrow Tall
- Radius: Compound 9.5 - 12.0"
- Neck Nut Width: 1.650"
- Neck Thickness at 1st Fret: .850"
- Neck Thickness at 12th Fret: 980"
- Neck Butt Width: 2.200"
- Bone Nut
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Dual-Mag II Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Dual-Mag II Strat RWRP
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Dual-Mag II Strat
- Wiring: 1/2 Blender with Tone Saver
- Hardware: Chrome/Nickel - Closet Classic Treatment
- Tuners: Vintage
- Bridge: American Vintage
- Neck plate: Showmaster F
- Case: Black Custom Shop