Fender Custom Shop Vintage Custom 1968 Telecaster NOS Pink Paisley
Limited Edition Pink Paisley Tele
The “Pink Paisley Tele” has been and still is to this day Fender's most iconic guitars. It represents a very specific era, not just for Fender, but for popular culture in general. There's no way to look at it and NOT think of a specific point in time. The Limited Edition 1968 Pink Paisley Tele brings it all back.
1967’s Summer of Love and Flower Power movement influenced mainstream fashions worldwide, and Fender was on board with its new Blue Flower and Paisley Telecasters. Oddly enough, the guitars became more popular with rockabilly and country western players (they were adopted most famously by Tele master James Burton) rather than the flower children that helped inspire them. These guitars have earned a special place in Fender history, and the Fender Custom Shop Vintage Custom 1968 Paisley Tele model is faithful recreation.
The two-piece select alder body wears an NOS lacquer finish with WLS undercoat over the famous Paisley motif. The rift-sawn maple neck has a ’60-style “oval C” profile, topped by a round-lam rift-sawn maple fingerboard with 7.25”-9.5” vintage compound radius and 21 medium vintage frets for a comfortable feel up and down. Hand-wound ’67 Tele pickups meet the exact spec for that year, with a three-way switch and modern Tele wiring.
Other features include an eight-hole clear polyurethane pickguard, ’67 Tele bridge with threaded steel saddles, Schaller® “F” tuning machines, bone nut, and wing string tree. Deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity included.
Come to Club Fender to experience it today, or make it yours right here.
- Serial # R111542
- Model # 9231012929
- Series: Time Machine Limited Edition
- Color: Pink Paisley
- Finish Package: NOS
- Body: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer with WLS Undercoat
- Neck Material: Rift Sawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Tint: Medium
- Neck Shape: 60's Oval C
- Fretboard: Rift Sawn Maple (round lam)
- Radius: Compound 7.25 - 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Medium Vintage
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Depth at 1st Fret: .850"
- Depth at 12th Fret: .920"
- Position Inlays: Micarta Black
- Decal: Vintage 67 - 76 Tele
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '67 Tele
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '67 Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Wiring: Modern Tele
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: '67 Tele
- Hardware Finish: Chrome / Nickel
- Tuning Machines: Schaller F Style
- Pickguard: Clear / Paisley Burst
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity