Fender Custom Shop Vintage Custom 1958 Top-Load Telecaster NOS Aged White Blonde ***B-Stock***
In 1958, Fender modified the design of the venerable Telecaster, switching from a string-through-body bridge to a top-loading bridge. A flexible guitar with authentic Fender tone, the Vintage Custom ’58 Telecaster lets you choose either stringing method, courtesy of the Top-Load Tele bridge with period-accurate threaded steel saddles. This is rarely seen, even on Custom Shop Teles, and we absolutely love it.
The two-piece select ash body wears a pristine translucent Aged White Blonde NOS flash coat lacquer finish that makes it look like this instrument time-traveled from ’58 to today. We chose this finish package, known as the "Time Capsule" to serve players that want a brand new guitar, without any aging, so they can put their own mark on it after years of playing. It's one made for those that want to see the guitar aged with themselves. Also, we asked for the "sort for lightweight" feature - and the result is a very comfortable 6.8 lbs that can be played all night without fatigue.
The tinted riftsawn maple neck’s “U”-shaped profile fills the hand comfortably while the 7.25”-9.5”-compound-radius fingerboard flattens out as you go up the neck, making it easy to bend without fretting out, and 21 medium-vintage frets offer familiar playing feel. It's an incredibly comfortable neck, and perfect for anyone looking for the feel of a vintage Tele, but perhaps not want the hugeness of an early 50's Tele
The pair of Hand-Wound ’58 Tele single-coil pickups are packed with authentic twang and growl, tied together with vintage-style wiring. For those who want more modern tone, Fender included a Fat ‘50s Tele wiring and control assembly in the case.
Other features include 3-way switch, 1-ply Eggshell pickguard, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
NOTE: Upon receiving this guitar new from the Custom Shop, we discovered that it had a few very slight issues: there's a very small ding on the back of the body, chips in the finish surrounding the string ferrules, and finish flaws in the neck pocket area. Due to this, we've reset the designation as a B-stock piece. This makes it a great deal for anyone that doesn't mind a few finish flaws. None of it has an impact on the playability or function of the guitar (so the full warranty still applies). It's simply cosmetic. Please sure to view the photos to see everything.
Come to Club Fender at Truetone Music to try it today, or order right here for it to be shipped to your home.
- Model Name: Vintage Custom 1958 Top-Load Telecaster® NOS, Maple Fingerboard, Aged White Blonde
- Model #9235000861
- Serial # R122561
- Weight: 6.8 lbs
- Finish Package: NOS Time Capsule
- Color: Aged White Blonde
- Body: Ash
- Sort for Lightweight
- Body Finish: Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Material: Rift Sawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Tinted Flash Coat Lacquer
- Tint: Medium
- Neck Shape: 10/56 "V"
- Depth at 1st Fret: .875"
- Depth at 12th Fret: .951"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" to 9.5" Compound
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Medium Vintage (50085)
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '58 Single-Coil Tele®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '58 Single-Coil Tele®
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage Style Tele® with Threaded Steel Saddles Top-Load or Strings-Through-Body
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Eggshell
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case: Custom Shop Deluxe Tweed
- Included Accessories: Fat 50's Tele® Control Assembly, Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity