Gibson Custom Shop Made 2 Measure 1959 Les Paul Standard Kentucky Bourbon Fade (Bloomfield Burst) VOS
The Holy Grail
Gibson Custom Shop's 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue is not just a tribute to the priceless original models -- it's a clone of them. From laser-scanned dimensions to chemically-recreated plastics to color-matched shades of sunburst, every element has been rendered in unbelievable detail. It represents the culmination of decades of work by Custom Shop's expert team -- a tireless quest to bring accuracy and authenticity to the hands of fans. It’s the definition of cool, and it's the best representation of the 1959 Les Paul Standard since the Gibson Custom Shop began making Historic Reissues over 25 years ago.
We just received this absolutely amazing Made 2 Measure '59 Les Paul Standard, and were immediately blown away by it. It's a great testament to the fine craftsmanship that the Gibson Custom Shop produces. We spec'ed this one out ourselves, and were able to pick the exact maple top used on the guitar. Our friends at the Custom Shop provided us a selection, and we went with what we found to be the most appealing wood spread. The flame maple is really "tight" and has a very expressive character to it. Being able to pick our own tops for guitar like this is a privilege. It's something we love doing and we're proud to present this guitar.
We also chose to have it made with a classic VOS finish. For the color, we went with a different take on one of the most sought after finishes - this is Kentucky Bourbon Fade (Bloomfield Burst). Rarely seen, we knew this would not only be a great look but also would be something unique that you don't see very often, if at all. This color and the VOS finish really makes the guitar stand out. It came out beautifully, even better than we thought it would.
For the rest of the specs, we kept it straight traditional - the guitar has all of the feel of a '59 Les Paul, exactly as you'd expect it. From the neck profile to every piece of hardware, the Gibson Custom Shop nails it. The unpotted Custombucker pickups sound amazing, with all of the power, clarity and tone that made the Les Paul famous.
This is one of the best sounding Les Pauls we've had here - and perhaps the most visually appealing. We know that the Custom Shop does amazing work, but we are still thoroughly impressed. Being able to pick out the exact wood used for the top was an added bonus. A Gibson Custom Shop '59 Les Paul Standard is hard to beat in general, and this one really rises to the top.
- Part # LPR59M2M17991
- Serial # 922734
- Weight: 9.0 lbs.
- Model: 1959 Les Paul Standard
- Finish Package: VOS
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color: Kentucky Bourbon Fade (Bloomfield Burst)
- Top: 2-Piece Figured Maple, Hide Glue Fit - Hand-Selected
- Back: 1-Piece Lightweight Mahogany
- Binding: .09 Cream (body) and .04 Cream (neck)
- Neck: Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic '59 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Fingerboard Material: 1-Piece Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Historic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.69" / 42.85mm
- End of Board Width: 2.24" / 56.89mm
- Inlays: Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Hardware Finish: Nickel Aged
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Saddle Material: Nickel-plated Brass
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Reissue
- Pickguard: True Historic R9
- Truss Rod: Authentic 1950s
- Truss Rod Cover: True Historic
- Control Knobs: True Historic Gold Top Hats
- Switch Tip: True Historic Amber
- Switchwasher: True Historic Cream
- Jack Plate Cover: True Historic Reissue
- Backplate: Reissue + Custom Shop Medallion
- Mounting Rings: True Historic Cream
- Pickup Covers: True Historic Nickel Silver
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume/2 Tone CTS 500K Vintage Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way
- Strings Gauge: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Brown/Pink Reissue 5-Latch
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity, extra backplate