Gretsch G9520E Gin Rickey Smokestack Black Acoustic Electric Guitar
Whether bluesy porch pickin’ or speakeasy swingin’, the G9520E Gin Rickey Acoustic/Electric with Deltoluxe Soundhole Pickup is a real gone finger-zinger classic.
Inspired by the Gretsch® Rex parlor guitars of old, the G. Rickey whisks you back to the halcyon days when the earliest Gretsch guitars fueled many a barrelhouse barn burner.
Fun, flip and finely crafted, it features an X-braced basswood body with a powerfully resonant voice, a “C”-profile nato neck that joins the body at the 12th fret, a smooth walnut fingerboard with 18 vintage-style frets and pearloid dot inlays, a top-load walnut bridge with compensated synthetic bone saddle for even intonation all along the neck, and more. And coolest of the cool, the Gretsch Deltoluxe acoustic magnetic soundhole pickup reproduces a crisp yet throaty voice.
What else? You’ve got aged white body binding and an aged white “G”-graphic pickguard, gold-and-white soundhole rosette with gold double-line top striping, nickel hardware, vintage-style end-pin strap buttons and open-gear die-cast tuners, and a hot Smokestack Black finish.
- Basswood body with X-bracing
- 12th fret, 24”-scale nato set neck
- 12” radius walnut fingerboard with pearloid dot inlays and vintage-style 18 frets
- Synthetic bone nut
- Gretsch® Deltoluxe soundhole pickup with gold/white rosette rings
- Top-load walnut bridge with compensated synthetic bone saddle
- Single-ply aged white pickguard with “G” graphic
- 1950s-style vintage open-gear die-cast tuning machines and vintage end-pin strap buttons
- Available in Smokestack Black with aged white binding and nickel hardware
Model Name: G9520E Gin Rickey Acoustic/Electric with Soundhole Pickup, Walnut Fingerboard, Smokestack Black
Model Number: 2705000506
Series: Roots Collection
Country of Origin: ID
Color: Smokestack Black
Body Finish: Semi-Gloss
Body Shape: Jim Dandy™
Neck Material: Nato
Neck Shape: "C" Shape
Neck Finish: Semi-Gloss
Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
Number of Frets: 18
Fret Size: Vintage Style
String Nut: Synthetic Bone
Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
Bridge: Walnut Top-Load with Compensated Saddle
Hardware Finish: Nickel
Tuning Machines: Open-Gear Die-Cast
Pickguard: 1-Ply Aged White with Black "G"
Case/Bag: Optional G6296 Gretsch® Round Neck Resonator Hardshell (p/n 099-6495-000); Optional G2180 Gig Bag (p/n 099-6481-000)