Martin Custom Shop D-28 Wild Grain East Indian Rosewood with Italian Alpine Spruce Top Acoustic Guitar
Original price $ 4,300.00 - Original price $ 4,300.00
$ 4,300.00 - $ 4,300.00
Current price $ 4,300.00
Martin Custom Shop D-28 Wild Grain East Indian Rosewood with Italian Alpine SpruceTruetone Music was invited to Nazareth, PA for a very special visit. We had the chance to spec out guitars to be custom built by Martin. We were also thrilled by the prospect of being able to hand select our own wood at the factory, aided by Custom Shop representatives and tonewood experts. That began a relationship that has continued for multiple custom runs over a number of years.
We knew we wanted to represent an interesting variety as far as models and exotic woods, but we also wanted the guitars to sound as best they could, never sacrificing tone for bling. This Martin Custom Shop version of a D-28 with Wild Grain East Indian Rosewood with Italian Alpine Spruce is a true example of that theory coming together in the best possible way. It's a simple move to make - essentially a classic D-28 with a unique pairing of wood, made with the best materials and craftsmanship from the top luthiers at the Martin Custom Shop.
East Indian Rosewood is known to be among the most comparable tonewoods to Brazilian Rosewood. It is light and not too dense, making it ideal for a Dreadnought. The tone is rich and warm while still producing a focused attack, with tons of sustain. This particular one has the "Premium Upgrade" - we had the nice folks at the Martin Custom Shop find the most highly figured piece on hand, and the result was amazing. We also chose an Italian Alpine Spruce top, which is a bit warmer, to offer a balance against the attack of the Rosewood. It's a very focused tonewood, so this is perfect for fingerpicking.
Even though the guitar was already going to be gorgeous, we decided to add antique white binding, as well as Style 28 Mother of Pearl inlays to the black ebony fretboard. The look of the guitar itself would be enough, but the materials, construction and appointments make it all the more special. In some ways, compared to other Martin Custom Shop guitars we've done, this is a simple design, but it's much more than that. In the end, it's all about feel and sound - and this guitar has it all. The grain on the back is especially intriguing. Be sure to zoom in on the photos, not just to see the wood but also the purfling and other intricate details on the guitar.
The guitar is finished in gloss, with a satin finished Mahogany neck. It has Martin’s popular modified low oval with high performance taper, making it very comfortable to play for hours. The radius is 16” with a nut width of 1 3/4”. It's a very easy to play guitar. Other features included a black pickguard, a Black Ebony fretboard, black binding, and nickel Grover tuners. It comes with a Martin hard shell case and certificate of authenticity.
Any Martin D-28 is going to be a spectacular guitar, but this on a whole different level. Come to Truetone Music today to experience this amazing Martin Custom Shop guitar, or order right here today.
- Configuration: C21-077079
- Serial # 2660032
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
Inspired by: D-28 Style
Base Model Note: Wood Selected by the Custom Shop
- Appointment Level: Standard
- Adhesive: Modern Adhesive
- Top Material: Italian Alpine Spruce
- Bracing Material, Top: Sitka Spruce
- Bracing Pattern, Top: X Brace - Forward Shifted
- Bracing Pattern Number, Top: 3-A DOMLE
- Bracing Shape, Top: Non-scalloped
- Bracing Style, Top: Standard
- Bracing Size, Top: 5/16"
- Back and Side Material: Wild Grain East Indian Rosewood - Premium Upgrade
- Binding Material: Antique White
- Rosette Style: Style 28 Boltaron
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4"
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8"
- String Spacing: 2 5/32''
- Tuning Machines: Grover Nickel V97-18NA StaTite 18:1 Vintage Button
- Fingerboard Material: Black Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Style 28; Mother of Pearl
- Finish Type: Standard
- Finish Package: Gloss Body w/ Satin Neck
- Top Color: Aging Toner
- Frets Clear: 14 Frets Clear of Body
- Total Frets: 20 Total
Scale Length: 24.9"
Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Truss Rod: Adjustable 14 Fret
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly
- Saddle Style: Drop in Saddle
- Saddle Material: Compensated Bone
- Bridge End Pins: Black
- Case: Molded Hardshell