Pre Owned Neal Schon Collection Vintage 1962 Gibson SG Custom White with OHSC
Original price $ 15,999.99 - Original price $ 15,999.99
$ 15,999.99 - $ 15,999.99
Current price $ 15,999.99
Truetone Music has been selected to take in a special collection of instruments from a very special long-time customer and friend of ours. A collector of only unique, rare, vintage and high-end guitars & amps, he amassed a serious collection of these years. For the first time, these pieces are available on the market.
Easily one of the most desired pieces in the collection is this guitar from another collection - the Neal Schon Collection. In 2021, Schon partnered with Heritage Auction to offer collectors a chance to obtain prized pieces used on countless recordings and performances over the years. Included was this amazing vintage 1962 Gibson SG Custom.
It came to us just as it was from the auction - the previous owner never played it, so the last to do so was Schon himself. It includes the Certificate of Authenticity from Heritage, as seen in the photographs.
A vintage SG Custom is a super cool guitar to begin with, and this one is extra special. For those in search of an all original, unaltered vintage SG, this may not be the one to get. But for anyone that wants a piece of rock n roll history, this a serious score. We were able to obtain all of the info from the original Heritage listing, which is as follows:
- Serial # 96636
- Year: 1962
- Weight: 6.2 lbs
- Refretted, refinished and fingerboard rebound
- Stop tailpiece has been added to replace the sideways vibrato that was originally installed
- Original PAF pickups; neck and bridge pickups have been coil tapped for out-of-phase
- Mini toggle switch added in center of the controls
- Electronics rewired - the lower position is the bridge & middle pickup, the center position is all three pickups and the upper position is the neck & middle pickups
- Switch tip is an older replacement
- Finish has checking overall; possible heel repair.
- Original hard case included
The guitar has been vetted here and setup to play great by the techs in our shop. It's very lightweight - just 6.2 lbs - and has a very comfortable neck. Of course, it sounds amazing, and has a very unique wiring setup to get tones typically not available on an SG.
This is a truly special guitar - a collector's dream, especially for fans of Neal Schon or vintage Gibson electrics. It carries a lot of pedigree, that's for sure. There's only one of these, and once it's gone, it's gone for good!