Pre Owned Fender Custom Shop 1952 Telecaster Heavy Relic Surf Green with OHSC
Get back to the age of the original workhorse guitar with this Fender Custom Shop 1952 Heavy Relic Telecaster in Surf Green. That's a color your rarely see on a '52 Tele, but when you do, you realize it's awesome!
The guitars sports a hand-selected, nitro-finished ash body, a big 52 Style U profile neck. When we say big, we mean it - this thing has a serious neck. If you're looking for a slim modern style neck, this ain't the one for you....but if you want and old school fatty with a lot of grip, you've found. It's easy to play though - don't be scared off. We just want you to know that's big one! The feel is completed with a modern 9.5" radius and 6105 frets, making it an easy one to bend on. Specs included a vintage bridge with brass saddles, modern Tele wiring, and Custom Shop '51 Nocaster pickups. So, it's the most classic Tele you can get, with a touch of modern playability.
Both the ash body and the quartersawn maple neck are roasted, not only making it lighter, but also adding a cool aesthetic. Speaking of that, the Custom Shop absolutely nailed the aging on this Heavy Relic Tele - be sure to check out all of the photos and zoom in.
The Nocaster pickups were crafted with the original design in mind to accurately recreate the twang and shimmer of the originals. These period-correct single pickups impart tight low end and clear, balanced midrange. Alnico 3 magnets, enamel wire and flush pole pieces give you the sound of the original Telecaster.
With stunning vintage visuals, optimized playability, and perfectly tweaked Tele twang, this Custom Shop '52 Telecaster is the genuine article. If you like meaty necks and Tele twang, with a heavily worn look & feel, this the guitar for you. And, it's light - just 6.3 lbs. This is an incredibly resonant, great playing Tele.
Being previously owned, this one is available on a great deal. It's in the same condition when it was brand new (after all, it is a Heavy Relic), and has been set up to play perfectly by the techs in our shop. The original hardshell case and Certificate of Authenticity is included. Come down to Club Fender at Truetone Music to try it out, or get it right here right now.
- Weight: 6.3 lbs.
- Serial # R113503
- Color: Surf Green
- Body: Roasted Ash; Sort for Lightweight
- Body Finish: Heavy Relic Lacquer
- Neck Material: Roasted Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer; "Dirty Neck"
- Neck Tint: Dark
- Neck Shape: 52 Style U
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall (6105)
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Depth at 1st Fret: .990"
- Depth at 12th Fret: .990"
- Position Inlays: Micarta Black
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop '51 Nocaster
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop '51 Nocaster
- Wiring: Modern Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 51 - 54 Nocaster Bridge with Brass Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
- Pickguard: Single Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity