Pre-Owned Greedtone JHI-100 EL34 Tube Head and Matching RG 212 Cabinet
A Greedtone rig that is rarely seen - the JHI-100 - has made it's way to Truetone. Great sounding, built like a tank, and ready for the road. This model was designed for and used by Josh Homme (hence the name). Of course it sounds amazing dirty, but the clean channel is also really impressive. It will handle a full pedalboard in front of it perfectly. Also, somewhat surprisingly (compared to other big rock rigs like it), this amp sounds good at low volumes as well. Greedtone founder/builder Greg Williamson was a touring engineer - that expereince is seen by the design of this amp.
These amazing tone machines are very hard to find and rare. As far as we can tell, Greedtone is no longer making it and there aren't many out there in the world.
Hand-made 100 watt point to point guitar amplifier, with no circuit boards. Two channels, clean and dirty. Plenty of gain when you need it, but built to sound good at low volumes. Amazing tone, rock-solid build quality, manageable stage volume.
Please see photos for cosmetic condition. It's in great shape, just a bit of aging wear, so we won't call it mint, but it's really clean. The previous owner was a collector, so the amp lived at his house - it was never taken out on gigs. In fact, it was originally sold as a new amp here at Truetone, so it went from here to his house, and years later back here.
- 100 Watt point to point hand wired, all tube amp(no circuit boards)
- Built-In Noise Reduction Circuitry
- Fully Adjustable Volume, Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass and Presence
- Mercury Magnetic Transformers(Designed for Greedtone)
- Silver Mica Caps (for cleaner highs)
- JJ Electrolytic cans
- Orange Drop Type 716P Caps
- Resistors are Metal Oxide Power
- Tube Sockets are made of Micalex
- 16, 8, or 4 ohms speakers taps with switch
- 110, 220, or 240 volts AC with switch
- Ultra Rugged Aluminum Chassis
- Long Lasting High Quality Pots
- Black Chicken head knobs
- Hand-Wired Using Silver wire with Teflon jacket
- Four El34 power tubes and three 12AX7 pre amp tubes(JJ tubes)
- Hand made in Seattle Washington at The Bionic Ear
The RG-212 is a closed-back speaker cab that holds 2 x 12” speakers and features a twenty-degree upward tilt. This gives players more ability to hear the high end of their sound. They can be loaded with a 12” speaker and are normally wired to 8 ohms. These also come with an XLR pass through, which allows you to mount a microphone behind the speaker grill and plug it in with a short microphone cable. There is an output on the back of the speaker cab. This was hand made in Seattle, WA, at The Bionic Ear.
***Due to the size and weight of this rig, it is not eligible for free shipping and has been marked for local pickup only. If you are interested in having it sent to you, please contact us directly for a shipping quote prior to purchasing***