Vintage 1969 Fender Telecaster Natural Refinished with Gig Bag
If player-grade vintage Fender guitars are your thing, we have quite the find for you - this super cool '69 Telecaster. It's lived a long life, had a lot done to it, and stood its ground through decades of use and changes. Is it all original? Not even close (and if it were, it would be a lot more money). But does it play great and have a super cool vibe? Absolutely.
To provide as much as a full scoop as we can, here is the complete lineup of what we found:
- Neck Date Stamp: April 3, 1969
- Serial # 228351
- Refretted (6105's)
- New nut
- Replaced tuners
- Routed for a humbucker under the pickguard, holes visible on back of body
- Non-original pickups (these appear to be vintage-voiced Fender reissue pickups)
- Treble bleed added to volume pot
- Aftermarket pickguard
- The guitar does not have the original case; it came to us in a gig bag.
These are original to the guitar:
- Potentiometers (Pots)
- Control Plate
- Neck Plate
The guitar was refinished a long time ago, and has aged nicely since then. It came to us with frets that were completely worn out, so it has been refretted with more modern frets (narrow tall 6105's) and a new nut was cut. This work was done by the top luthier here. The result is a much more playable guitar, and it truly is a noticeable improvement.