Used Ernie Ball Music Man Ball Family Reserve StingRay Special HH Dargie Delight 3 with OHSC
We tend to get a lot of cool instruments in, including some amazing basses. Every now & then, one walks in the door that really grabs our attention. This is one of them: a limited edition Ernie Ball Music Man "Ball Family Reserve" Stingray Special Special HH in an amazing finish called Dargie Delight 3.
Released in 2019, only 98 were made, and here's one of them. It's a rare find. In many ways, the bass is a classic StingRay Special HH, but has some unique twists:
- EXCLUSIVE CUSTOM FINISH: Custom Dargie Delight 3 matte finish with all black hardware.
- RUNWAY EBONY FINGERBOARD: Streamlined fretboard with two strips of Pearl inlays replaces the traditional white dot position markers.
- FINISHED NECK: Matte finish on back of neck and headstock with new lightweight Ernie Ball Music Man tuning keys.
Black hardware and a 5 ply black/cream/black/cream/black pickguard complete the aesthetic. Full specs are below.
The Ernie Ball Music Man Ball Family Reserve StingRay Special HH Dargie Delight 3 is designed to give bass players a performance-grade instrument. This model features two humbuckers for rich, punchy tones and an active 3-band EQ for precise sound-sculpting. Get unbeatable sound and performance.
The bass is all original, comes with the original hardshell case, and is in excellent condition. It seems that the previous owner got it more as a collector's bass than a "take it out on a gig" bass - so, it's super clean. It's been setup to play perfectly by the techs in our shop. Also, note that in the photos, it has black nylon strings, but since then we've restrung it with regular nickel wound strings. It's ready to go, and will likely go fast!
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man® top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 8-3/4" (22.2 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard: Fretted - Ebony
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Natural with finished headstock
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Chrome or black plated aluminum control cover (dependent on body color)
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Pickups: Standard - 2 Humbucking with Neodymium magnet
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w (Super Slinky Bass #2834)