Used Fender American Original '60s Jazz Bass Sonic Blue with OHSC
Original price $ 1,799.99 - Original price $ 1,799.99
$ 1,799.99 - $ 1,799.99
Current price $ 1,799.99
Released in 1960, the upscale Jazz Bass quickly found favor among working bassists thanks to its premium appointments and versatile sound. The narrower neck seemed tailor-made for fast, dexterous playing, while the pair of single-coil pickups added a bold new dimension to Fender bass tone. The American Original ‘60s Jazz Bass has all the tone and style of its earliest incarnation, with modern playability.
Sonic Blue is one of the coolest Fender colors and this bass looks spectacular. It has a true nitro lacquer finish, so it will age gracefully, but that starts with you - there are no dings, chips or even scratches on this one. It really is in prime condition. More than that, it plays smoothly, is super comfortable, not that heavy (8.9 lbs), and of course sounds amazing. Fender nailed the tone of a classic Jazz bass with these pickups.
Never previously played, this one is a great chance to get an American Original 60's Jazz on a great deal! It has been vetted and setup to play to play perfectly by the techs in our shop. It comes with the original case and everything originally included. It's quite the score.
- Model Name: American Original '60s Jazz Bass®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Sonic Blue
- Model Number: 0190130872
- Series: American Original
- Country of Origin: US
- Color: Sonic Blue
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: '60s "C"
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.48" (37.59 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '64 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '64 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage Style with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-gear
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Case/Bag: Vintage-Style Hardshell