Used Fender Special Edition Strat XII Lake Placid Blue Electric Guitar
Original price $ 1,799.99 - Original price $ 1,799.99
$ 1,799.99 - $ 1,799.99
Current price $ 1,799.99
Here's a rare bird that just flew in: an early 2000's, Crafted in Japan, special edition Fender Strat XII. You don't see many of these around, especially from this era, and definitely not one that looks like this. It's a very cool Lake Placid Blue finish, which has faded and morphed into a slightly different color. It's almost a mix of Lake Placid Blue and Ocean Turquoise.
Fender only does these Strat XII's out of Japan every few years, and we know from experience that they alst go fast. They can be found on the used market, but typically just in sunburst. So, this is a unique piece, and it plays great.
The guitar has an alder body, maple neck and rosewood fretboard. Unique features (besides being a 12-string) include the fully adjustable 12-saddle hardtail bridge, 3-ply mint green pickguard and upgrade pickups. The previous owner put in Fender Original 57/62 pickups for the bridge and middle pickups, but kept the neck pickup original, as he felt that he liked that sound just fine.
The guitar has been vetted and setup to play perfectly. It's in excellent condition, but does show some signs of use - it has a few dings on the body, but nothing major. Overall, it's great - and the perfect score for those looking for an electric 12 string, especially for anyone that knows how great the Japanese-made special edition models are. We don't thinking this will last long!
- BODY MATERIAL: Alder
- BODY FINISH: Polyurethane
- BODY SHAPE: Stratocaster®
- NECK MATERIAL: Maple
- NECK FINISH: Gloss Urethane
- NECK SHAPE: "C" Shape
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Rosewood
- POSITION INLAYS: White Dot
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 21
- FRET SIZE: Vintage
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- NUT WIDTH: 1.650" (42 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- BRIDGE: Fully Adjustable 12-Saddle Hardtail Bridge
- PICKGUARD: 3-Ply Mint Green
- CONTROL KNOBS: Aged White Plastic
- HARDWARE FINISH: Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES: Fender®/Ping® Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- NECK PLATE: 4-Bolt
- BRIDGE PICKUP: Fender Original 57/62 Strat
- MIDDLE PICKUP: Fender 57/62 Strat
- NECK PICKUP: Stock Fender Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat
- CONTROLS: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- SWITCHING: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup