Used Martin D-18E Modern Deluxe Natural with OHSC
A fantastic opportunity has risen, to get a barely played, nearly new Martin D-18 Modern Deluxe. We just took this in on trade; the previous owner only had it for a few weeks before deciding to go with a different guitar with a different body shape. That makes this one a great score.
The Modern Deluxe is a new take on Martin Vintage. This guitar is packed with custom features and modern technology that you have to see, feel, and hear for yourself. The vintage appointments include a spruce VINTAGE TONE SYSTEM® (VTS) top, a dovetail neck joint, and natural protein glue construction that give it the rich, fully aged Martin tone that has inspired generations. The look is unlike anything in the Martin production line to date with East Indian rosewood binding, stylish gold frets, gold open-gear tuners, and a unique 1930s style script logo inlaid in pearl on the headstock. Some ultra-modern features include Liquidmetal® bridge pins with red dots and a composite carbon fiber bridgeplate that boosts volume.
For this model, Martin went with a new neck shape that is slightly asymmetrical for maximum hand comfort up and down the fretboard. It's unique, and it's lovely. The guitar is a joy to play, and you can do so for hours without experiencing fatigue. Of course, considering how amazing it sounds, you won't want to put it down! And amplified, it sounds just as good - no coloring of sound, just the true acoustic tone is what you'll get.
This guitar is anything but standard. The entire Modern Deluxe series is a winner, and this D-18E really stands out as something special.
It has been setup to play perfectly by the techs in our shop, is in primo condition, and comes with the original hardshell case. For anyone that's been looking for a D-18E Modern Deluxe, this is a serious score.
Serial # 2634171
- CONSTRUCTION: Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce with VTS
- TOP DETAIL: None
- ROSETTE: Old Style 18 Multi-Stripe
- BRACING PATTERN: Forward Shifted X Brace
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped
- BRACE MATERIAL: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- BRACE SIZE: 5/16"
- BACK MATERIAL: Genuine Mahogany
- BACK DETAIL: None
- BACK PURFLING/STRIP: Style 18
- SIDE MATERIAL: Genuine Mahogany
- SIDE DETAIL: None
- ENDPIECE: None
- ENDPIECE INLAY: None
- BINDING: East Indian Rosewood
- TOP INLAY MATERIAL: Multi-Stripe
- SIDE INLAY MATERIAL: None
- BACK INLAY MATERIAL: None
- NECK MATERIAL: Genuine Mahogany
- NECK SHAPE: Vintage Deluxe
- NECK TAPER: High Performance Taper
- PLEK: Yes
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADSTOCK SHAPE: Solid with Square Taper
- HEADPLATE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- HEADPLATE LOGO STYLE: Stylized Script Inlay
- HEADPLATE BINDING MATERIAL: None
- HEELCAP: East Indian Rosewood
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- NECK JOINS BODY AT: 14th Fret
- NUMBER OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1-3/4''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2-1/8''
- FINGERBOARD INLAY MATERIAL: Abalone
- FINGERBOARD INLAY STYLE: Old Style 18
- FINGERBOARD BINDING MATERIAL: None
- SIDE DOTS: Abalone
- BACK & SIDE FINISH: Gloss
- BACK & SIDE COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- FINISH TOP: Gloss
- TOP COLOR: Clear
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- NECK COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2-5/32"
- SADDLE: Compensated White Tusq
- SADDLE RADIUS: 16''
- TUNING MACHINES: Gold Open Gear
- KNOB: Butterbean
- BRIDGE PIN MATERIAL: Liquid Metal
- BRIDGE PIN DOTS: Red Acrylic
- PICKGUARD: Tortoise Pattern
- PICKGAURD INLAY: None
- CASE: 12C545 Martin 545 Geib hardshell
- ELECTRONICS: Fishman Aura VT Blend