Vahlbruch OptoTrem Tremolo Guitar Effect Pedal
The "OptoTrem" is an analog, hand-build, highly versatile tremolo effect pedal and one of the finest studio quality tremolos in existence. "Opto-Trem" offers you authentic sine-wave 60`s vintage tremolo sounds as well as modern square wave helicopter chop effects. Its unique circuit is carefully designed around a photocell and it shows super low electronic backgroundnoise. For an especially deep and homogenous modulation curve only handselected photocells are used for the "OptoTrem" and each pedal is hand-trimmed to this specific opto-cell. The "Speed" and "Intensity" knobs control modulation rate and depth, a toggle switch allows to select either a "hard" or "soft" modulation curve. The pedal output level can be adjusted using the "Volume" control. A constantly fashing amber LED indicates your adjusted modulation speed and depth, even when the pedal is in bypass to easily match the song tempo.
NOTE: The "OptoTrem" also works as a great clean boost with "Intensity" control turned down!
This pedal is equipped with their unique "MagTraB" switching technology:
Inside the button a magnet is integrated which position is measured by a sensor on the circuit board. If the button is now moved, e.g. if it is pressed downwards, the position of the magnet will also change. The sensor measures this change without any mechanical contact to the button and the information is send via a micro-controller to a gold-plated relay, which then does the actual audio signal switching.
The advantages of "MagTraB" footswitches:
- MapTraB buttons are as good as indestructible! "MagTraB" delivers an almost infinite number of switching cycles - many, many millions!
- No annoying, mechanical switch clicks! Instead, the "MagTraB" push-buttons switch very smooth and silently!
- Unique MagTraB switching technology
- Hand selected photocells for a deep and homogenous modulation curve
- Super low noise circuit
- "Volume" controls the pedal output level
- "Speed" regulates the modulation rate
- "Intensity" adjusts the modulation depth
- Toggle switch to select between "hard" or "soft" modulation curve
- Constantly pulsating LED indicates the speed and depth of modulation
- The "OptoTrem" also works as an incredible clean boost with the "Intensity" control turned down!
- Input impedance: 1M Ohms
- Output impedance: 220 Ohms
- Current consumption: 40mA
- This pedal requires an external regulated 9V power supply (not included), polarity: positiv@ring / negative@tip
- Dimensions: 115mm x 70mm x 48mm
- Weight: 240g
- Handmade in Germany