Vahlbruch Pipeline v2 - Vintage Spring Reverb Emulation Guitar Effect Pedal
The PIPELINE is a hand-made reverb pedal reproducing the legendary and beloved spring reverb sound known from vintage tube amps. In a unique circuit it combines the particular advantages of analog and digital signal processing, resulting in a warm, deep and lush sounding reverb pedal with intuitive handling and superior signal to noise ratio. Your direct dry guitar signal is processed fully analog, no digitization! Therefore your straight guitar signal is free of any digital latencies and the full character and dynamics of your guitar are completely preserved. Signal processing before and after reverb generation is also 100% analog. Just the circuit section responsible for reverb calculations is realized digitally. This parallel digital signal is finally mixed together with the dry analog signal.
Operating the PIPELINE:
„Reverb" allows you to adjust the reverb intensity. A good starting point to explore the sound possibilities of the pedal is at 2 o'clock.
„Volume" controls the pedal output volume ranging from silence up to +7dB boost. Unity gain is at the middle position ("12 o'clock").
Two additional toggle switches expand the sound possibilities of the pedal:
• A three-way „Springs" toggle switch alters the number and length of the simulated springs: (S)hort, (M)edium, (L)ong. This results in different decay times, densities and frequency content of the reverb - just like the mechanical models. The "Decay" control allows you to adjust your preferred decay time in the (L)ong setting.
• A "Tone" toggle switch allows you to change the treble content of the reverb signal. Switching from (N)eutral to (B)right or (D)ark varies the reverb signal presence content - ranging from warm and analog sounding reverbs to more trebly and crisp ones. Your straight guitar signal is of course not affected at all by this tone control!
This pedal is equipped with their unique Magnetic Transducer Button = "MagTraB" switching technology:
Inside the button a magnet is integrated which position is measured by a sensor on the circuit board. If the button is now moved, e.g. if it is pressed downwards, the position of the magnet will also change. The sensor measures this change without any mechanical contact to the button and the information is send via a micro-controller to a gold-plated relay, which then does the actual audio signal switching. The advantages:
- MagTraB buttons are as good as indestructible!
MagTraB delivers an almost infinite number of switching cycles - many, many millions!
- No annoying, mechanical switch clicks!
Instead, the "MagTraB" push-buttons switch very smooth and quiet!
In order to undo the programming, simply repeat the steps 1-4. The next time your pedal powers up, it will automatically start in "on" in "true bypass" mode, just depending on what you have stored.
- MagTraB switching technology
- Input impedance: 1.0M Ohms
- Output impedance: 100 Ohms
- This pedal requires an external regulated 9V power supply (not included)
Polarity: postive@ring / negative@tip
- Current consumption: 90mA
- Dimensions: 112mm x 70mm x 48mm
- Weight: 300g
- Handmade in Germany