Valco FX KGB DIST Distortion Guitar Effect Pedal
The Valco KGB DIST is a multi- function / tone-sculpting distortion machine, designed to work within a soundcreation chain or as a regular standalone distortion pedal (and everything in between!).
The KGB Series is designed specifically to work with K (keys, synths), G (guitar), and B (bass). The Variable Input Impedance works best with passive instruments (guitar / bass) and allows tone-sculpting with or without the fuzz circuit engaged.
Lower settings yield softer dynamics / transients with a notable ‘rounded / vintage’ feel and tone. Higher settings give a sharper high frequency response with a more direct / aggressive transient feel and more perceived gain. This makes for a great ’shaping’ control, where you can tune the pedal for it’s best response to the pickups you are using and how you want them to react / feel.
• Variable Input Impedance Selection
• Multi-diode Distortion featuring independent ’Op-Amp,’ ‘LED’, ‘Silicon’ and ‘Germanium’ circuits.
• Blend dist/dry mix fader
• Polarity Reverse Switch 0/180- reverses the Dry audio signal polarity to be used in conjunction with the BLEND function. 180 setting allows for some frequency cancellation between the DRY and DIST signals, and is used for alternative Blended tones.
• OP - Op-Amp circuit where the distortion is generated by the LM308 itself entering clipping.
• LED - unique “soft-clipping” generated using back to back LEDs.
• Si - Silicon diode circuit using back to back silicon diodes.
• Ge - Germanium diode circuit using back to back Schottky diode
• 1/4” Input
• Dry Out (permanent ‘thru’ dry signal (pre-imp selector))
• 1/4” Output