Taylor 724ce Koa Grand Auditorium Acoustic Electric Guitar With Case
Timeless koa appeal – reimagined with a vibrant new voice.
- With the new, all-solid-koa 700 Series, Taylor master designer Andy Powers has embraced Hawaiian koa’s natural beauty and sonic virtues in a fresh way that brings a distinctive musical personality to the Taylor line.
- Compared to our established Koa Series, which showcases an ultra-refined look and sound, featuring figured koa, rich appointments, gloss finish and a smooth voice, the koa 700 Series channels more of koa’s natural character in look, feel and sound.
How the Series Was Born
- Back in 2015, Taylor formed a Hawaii-based partnership with tonewood supplier Pacific Rim Tonewoods to supply and grow Hawaiian koa for the future. (The company is called Siglo Tonewoods.)
- Part of our commitment is to contribute to current forest restoration efforts in Hawaii on a project basis through contracts with Hawaiian landowners.
- As specified in these stewardship agreements, Siglo is permitted to cut a select number of designated koa trees, and in exchange, we invest dollar for dollar in a host of forest improvement projects.
- These arrangements have enabled us to cut into more koa logs ourselves and discover far more varieties of koa wood, featuring a rich palette of colors with beautiful striping. (We hadn’t previously been exposed to this type of koa in dealing with suppliers.) We gave this wood its own classification as Select-grade.
- Taylor master builder Andy Powers was excited by the new opportunities this wood presented. It inspired him to design what became the Koa 700 Series. He wanted to honor the unique characteristics of this wood by offering players another compelling koa playing experience.
Unique Design Features
Select-grade koa: Boasts rich color variegation and straight grain structure
Ultra-thin matte finish:
- Feel: The thin open-pore finish creates a warm and inviting tactile sensation; you can feel the natural wood texture, creating a more intimate connection to the guitar
- Sound: Together with slightly altered back bracing, the voicing is different from our Koa Series: a livelier, punchier, more direct response, making it exceptionally player-reflective
Fretboard/Peghead Inlay: New “Fountain” design in mother-of-pearl
Body Edge Treatment: Indian rosewood binding (including soundhole)
Rosette: Single ring, paua and rosewood
Tuners: Taylor polished bronze
Other Unique Features: Maple/black/rosewood top edge trim, dark-stained maple pickguard
Body / Top Wood: Solid Select-Grade Koa
Neck: Neo-Tropical Mahogany
Fretboard: West African Ebony
Nut Width: 1-¾”
Scale Length: 25-½”
Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Case